WHO WE ARE:
Love and Care for People is an organisation that raises awareness about family violence including among others: Forced Marriage, Reproductive Abuse, Honour Based Violence, Disownment, Child marriage, Abusive Relationships, Spousal Abuse, Intimate Partner Abuse and Child Abuse.
Our services include counselling, personal development programmes that promote the well-being and financial independence of survivors, vocational skills training, recreational services, business and financial skills training, mentoring, coaching in order to foster confidence and independence.
We connect victims, survivors, and those at risk of family violence and financial instability in a nurturing environment and we provide access to life-changing opportunities that will support them to empower themselves, heal, take ownership, and ultimately transform their lives
- Our micro funds have supported more than 6 women to set up a micro business.
- Breakfast and After School Clubs have been established, one in Nigeria and one in Kenya.
- Family Violence Prevention Programme has been set up and launched.Health and Wellbeing Workshops have been successfully carried out.
- Through our Leadership Academy and Training Institute, we have successfully trained over 700 girls and 600 boys.
- 1200 youths have participated in our YouthsRule programme.
- The Community Awareness Programme on family violence has been created and we have successfully trained over 700 participants in various communities.
Our aspiration is to bring back hope, faith and put back smiles on the faces of victims and survivors of abuse and financial difficulties. We are built on the ethos of teamwork and team spirit and we operate a zero tolerance to discrimination. Individuals are accepted just as they are with utmost respect for their dignity and self-worth.
We believe in promoting self-sufficiency where the goal is for individuals to help themselves develop. We are positive that when empowered with the right knowledge and skills, and when provided with access to opportunities, networks, and a lifeline of support, people have an opportunity make smart decisions.
If you would like to support people in transforming lives, then it’s time to get involved!
Throughout our website, we use the term “family violence” to refer to forced marriage, reproductive abuse, honour-based violence, disownment, abusive relationships, intimate partner abuse, spousal abuse, domestic violence, and child abuse. While we recognize that men can also be victims of these crimes, our focus is on children, girls, and women who are at higher risk.
Love and Care For People
8 Radharc Na Coille, Rathcoole, Mallow, Co. Cork, Ireland
Mobile: +353 (89) 9540247