Love and Care for People work with women of migrant origin living in Cork, Ireland.
This includes women from diverse backgrounds (those with fewer opportunities, financial difficulties, refugees, asylum seekers, those living in isolated & disadvantaged rural areas among others). We also mainly work with women of migrant origin living in Cork, Ireland at risk, and or victims of abuse.
Together with them, we raise awareness and educate about family violence, social exclusion, neglect, and hardship with a purpose to reduce and prevent it.
We run vocational training
- Advocacy and Public Awareness of abuse (including honor based violence, reproductive abuse, forced marriage, early childhood marriage, child sexual abuse, and domestic violence, disownment among others)
- One on one support
- Education and Vocational Skills Training
- Improved Health and Well-being
- Enterprise development
- Sports, fun-filled events and recreational activities
- Recognition Awards
Our Focus Areas
- Vocational Training
- Women Leadership & Empowerment
- Makeup Application Master Class
- Computer class
- Driving Class
- Self-defense and Yoga
Before this interview I had never heard of reproductive abuse. But Ini told me her harrowing story. …
For over a decade, Ini has been a leading community and international advocate for peace, human righ…
Domestic violence against women and girls was a problem in urgent need of addressing, pre-pandemic. …
Link to the original article: https://www.nwci.ie/discover/member_detail/love_care_for_people…
An unexpected graceWhere do I start from, what can I say? I am short of words but my heart is ov…
The team members of the Diversity Career, Jobs & Education Fair are extremely excited to work to…